fot

Re: caster angle

To: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: caster angle
From: "R. Kastner" <kaskas@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 13:09:05 -0700
The interesting thing about castor is that if it is zero, under hard braking
it usually will go to negative and the car will WANDER or SQUIRM sometimes
with vigor. Castor will help the straight line stuff and also increase the
amount of camber on the turn in. When you have too much, you go SMASH
straight ahead into the bales. (small joke).also the steering effort goes up
quite a bit.