fot

RE: caster angle

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: caster angle
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 10:40:57 -0700
As probably everyone in the group knows by now, my TR3 has adjustable caster
and Camber. After a lot of squealing around a Safeway parking lot, I
determined that I like four to eight degrees of negative camber (tighter
corners = more neg camber) and two degrees of caster. Three feels too heavy,
one feels like a shopping cart with a bad wheel.

Note--I bought one of those nice camber/caster measuring tools with a
digital level. Works great, fairly cheap. Of course it doesn't do you much
good if you can't make adjustments.

As an long time bike guy I'm used to worrying a lot about trail and caster.
This camber thing is kind of new to me--Bile guys control that by dragging
their knee (or not).