fot

caster angle

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: caster angle
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 14:16:09 -0500
I jsut purchased two TR4 parts cars, both with totally rebuilt front
suspensions, including lower trunnions.

Curiously, both have the TR3 / early TR4 upper a-arms, early style upper
ball joints, and zero degree castor lower trunnions. I had never looked
into this before, but now realize that if TR3's are raced with all
original parts, they are running with zero degrees castor (which doesn't
matter to me either way, I'm not trying to start an originality debate
here).

I understand that castrr helps keep the car going in a straight line --
but what's the collective wisdom of the list -- should I use these or
pop for new parts to get the three degrees of castor?

--

TR6 -- 29 and still running
TR4 -- 39 and being rebuilt