fot

Weber tuning

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Weber tuning
From: VANDECARR@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 15:06:24 EDT
My car (73 TR 6) was running pretty good and I decided to "tune" the Webers
and installed 28mm chokes that replaced the original 30mm.  Now I really
messed things up.  It runs and idles fine but when I take off it dies.  The
plugs indicate that its running lean.  I had .110 main jets and .200 air
correctors(?) and changed to .135 mains and it ran better but still won't rev
up.  If I went easy on the pedal it had great torque but when the rpms picked
up it would miss.  Any body have suggestions? The engine is set up nice,
balanced, electromotive ignition, hot cam, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dean VanDeCarr
73 TR 6 stock
73 TR 6 FP autocross