fot

Re: Weber tuning

To: VANDECARR@aol.com
Subject: Re: Weber tuning
From: Patrick McMullen <pmcmull@attglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 17:11:59 -0400
Dean,

Your air corrector jet is waaay to high for your engine.  As a
rule of thumb, for mild engines, the air corrector is figured by
adding 60 to your main jet.  Your main is currently 135, your air
corrector should be closer to 195 if not 190.  Engines with more
wilder modifications up through full race engines, the air
corrector usually will be the same number as your main.
The main jets come on line somewhere around 2800 rpm and will
affect all rpms above that.  The air correctors affect high speed
only.  Which I believe is the problem in your case.  Your very
high air corrector is leaning your mixture at higher rpms.  The
relationship between the main and air corrector is approximately 3
to 1.  For instance, if you increase your main jet from 130 to
135, you would get the same result by reducing your air corrector
from 200 to 185, once they are matched.
I'm running 130 mains in my TR6 with 160 air correctors.  Runs
great.

Just out of curiosity, what emulsion tubes are you running??  How
about your secondary Venturi's, what size are they?  These will
also affect the operation at higher rpms.

I use to run 28mm chokes but the engine would have to work to rev
past 4500-5000 rpms.  I switched to 30mm and now have to be
careful not to hold my foot in it too long.  I'm running an
aluminum flywheel so it will rev very quickly.

Hope this helps some.

Pat in NC