fot

Shucks.

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Shucks.
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 00:00:39 -0600 (MDT)
I think I've gotten all the recent additions, deletions and shuffles to
or from the digest done.  If not, I'll have to deal with it later, as I
will be heading out to Seattle early in the morning.  I'll meet up with
my wife and her family, do a bit of vacation stuff with them, and then as
they drive past the Portland airport thursday morning I'll jump out to catch
a plane back to Salt Lake.  And then head out to Wendover for our next vintage
club race.

And, sad to say, the work on the Spit racer I was hoping to take out came to
an abrupt end.  My end, to be exact.  I'd forgotten what a skinny little guy
the previous owner of the car was.  I had gotten the engine and gearbox back
into useable shape, bolted together and dropped in the car.  I then did
something I had not done since I bought the car some years ago, I sat in it.
Well, tried to sit in it.  Though these last few years have seen me take the
'Fat' part of Team Fat a bit too literally, no miracle diet is going to shrink
my pelvis to squeeze it into that seat.  And the other seats I had laying
around won't fit in the car, due to roll bar interference.  Shucks.

So, once I'm done with my travels, it may be time to grab the saw and some
fresh fiberglass to modify the current seat, or work on the roll bar, or
whatever.  For now, no car for IVR.  Hey, wait a minute.  My wife gets back
to SLC late saturday, she may need the Jeep to haul the family around.  Maybe
I better take her little Civic Si out to Wendover....

mjb.