fot

Re: Shucks.

To: Herald948@aol.com
Subject: Re: Shucks.
From: Bob Lang <LANG@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 10:36:35 -0400 (EDT)
Fellow FOT's,

Speaking of seats reminds me of a certain false logic I applied to my TR6,
Khartu. In the early days of the project, I did what all "great planners"
do - I started acquiring various bits of this and that. There was no
"plan", I just figured that I'd probably need a seat at some point.
Anyway, among the early purchases was a Kirkey cheap-o race seat.

All 14.5 inches wide of it.

My logic was that with a nice firm "attachment point" for my butt would
help me drive better by not allowing me to squirm around in the seat.
Great logic, but 2 years hence (and the requisite 10 or 15 extra pounds
to said driver) and the seat is a real squeeze.

That's not to say that I don't fit, it's just that the seat makes this
"popping" sound when I get out of it.

Anyway, I'm proof positive that beer swilling is not the only path to
larger girth.

On a different tack, I went to a BMW CCA autocross yesterday. Alas, the
only Triumph there. I managed to pull off a clean run on my final run and
FTD at the same time. Alright! "Looks like we have a new track record",
as the man says. The guys in that club still haven't learned an important
lesson - for some strange reason, they come up to you when your at the
line and say things like "do you want a co-driver" and (in sarcastic
tone) "hey, don't hit any pyons this time". OK!

Now all I have to do is shave off another 2 seconds or so of raw time so
that my "factored time" is up there with the "big boys".

Funny thing is, I wound up eclipsing a guy with a lightweight M3 by a
couple of tenths... and I felt kind of bad about it - after all this was
a BMW party... but the feeling lasted for about 10 milliseconds.

I think I like this car!

vrooommmmmmm.
rml
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |