fot

Re: Help! SU Carbs

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Help! SU Carbs
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 12:27:20 -0600 (MDT)
    I sent that message out a week ago....it must have lurking in Cyberspace
    somewhere. I thought everyone was ignoring me or PO'd

This is a "feature" of using majordomo for list management.  Basically the
program interpreted your message as a possible admin command, and set it
aside for me to decide on the proper action.  But being on a vacation in
the Seattle and Olympic National Park area, with no net access, that message,
along with a few thousand others, was waiting for my return.  So when I got
to it I sent it on, even though it was a week late.

Actually, there are a number of things that will stop majordomo from passing
on a message, such as having attachments included, or the message being in
HTML format, or being sent from an address not on the list and such.  There's
likely a few messages for the FOT list waiting for me at this moment, sent by
folks who are not using plain text email.  I usually get around to them
eventually, spending about an hour or more a day dealing with autox.team.net
stuff instead of working on Triumphs.

Speaking of working on Triumphs, I may soon have a Spitfire racer running,
but not quite ready for racing.  It was last used as an autocrosser, and had
a total loss electrical system, that is, no alternator.  Fine for running
5 or 10 minutes total all day, but for a couple of 20 minute race groups and
practice time, I think some sort of charging system is needed.  At Las Vegas
last year, I remember seeing some cars (Steve's GT6?) with fairly small and
light alternators.  As I recall, these were from some small GM product.  Can
anyone provide more detail, such that I can go to a local parts store and
have the fellow behind the counter actually be able to bring me what I need?

Thanks,
mjb.