fot

NO TECH - Majordomo's special features ;-)

To: <fot@autox.team.net>, <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Subject: NO TECH - Majordomo's special features ;-)
From: "Jack Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 15:25:50 -0400
>>      I sent that message out a week ago....it must have lurking
>>  in Cyberspace
>>      somewhere. I thought everyone was ignoring me or PO'd
>
>mjb wrote:
>  This is a "feature" of using majordomo for list management.
>  Basically the
>  program interpreted your message as a possible admin command, and set it
>  aside for me to decide on the proper action.  But being on a vacation in
>  the Seattle and Olympic National Park area, with no net access,
>  that message,
>  along with a few thousand others, was waiting for my return.
>  So when I got
>  to it I sent it on, even though it was a week late.

Mark,

It's not just majordomo.  I manage three lists for my Triumph club and our
host uses smartlist, a similar piece of software, but it is open freeware.
Fortunately there is a Email list for the smartlist software.   We have
that same special "feature".  When the message is "other than perfect" it
can be set aside.  The difference is with far fewer individuals and volume,
I have less coming at me and can also tolerate more "trash" and allow it
through the system (HTML and attachments come to mind) at least for now,
without straining my resources.

Managing three low volume lists, I admire your efforts more now than ever
Mr. Bradakis,

Jack Brooks
webmaster/janitor NJTA
http://www.njtriumphs.org