fot

Re: Protocol on the FOT List...Website activity

To: N197TR4@cs.com
Subject: Re: Protocol on the FOT List...Website activity
From: jmwagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 18:41:20 -0700
Joe, FOT, et al,

My feeling is that those posts you feel should be "avoided", are often ones that
might be best routed to the regular Triumph news group..

FOT should definitely focus on racing...   to allow it to move into other topics
is actually unfair to those not on FOT...  and, I fear, it could lead to the
idea
that FOT is an elitist group.... not willing to share with the 700 plus members
of the parent list.

I think the idea of FOT was to allow racers to focus on racing... and, thereby,
not allow those life saving, racing oriented ideas to get lost amongst the
myriad
of topics in the Triumph list.

FOT also allows it's members to ask questions of some of the more experienced
racers without overwhelming them.   (I'd hate to lose the likes of Kas to
internet-burn-out!)

I would also very much hate to see topics completely lost into private little
sub-groups... when they could still offer insight to Triumph enthusiasts.

I'm sure I'm guilty of a post, now and again, that probably doesn't fit the
profile, but I do try to differentiate...  and continue to make posts, to both
groups... as appropriate as possible.   Everyone on FOT should at least get the
digest version of the Triumph news group and, when you send a post that
direction... follow up in the digest a little, to see if it's lead to a thread
that you might want to involve yourself with.

What FOT'er's should avoid, is making posts on FOT, that really are not
appropriate, for fear the FOT'ers won't see it.   The assumption should be, that
FOT'ers that would be interested in a non-racing issue, are also watching the
other news group at some level.

I don't know if I've really offered much an answer here...  but Joe is right...
There should be an ongoing interest in keeping FOT focused.

--Justin Wagner