fot

Re: Neat!

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>, wiseman@titan.com
Subject: Re: Neat!
From: rjl6n@cstone.net (R. John Lye)
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 21:42:08 -0400
Hi Joe,

At 11:45 AM 10/10/00 -0700, Joe Curry wrote:
>Admittedly, I did not look at the carb requirements on SP classes because
>I wanted to lose all the glass and interior of the Spit.  But
>I am confused as to why the carb restrictions are up and down this way!

Well, the quick answer is that we're talking about the SCCA (it's not
supposed to make sense - sorry, I spent way too much time in
impound at the Runoffs - like 12-14 hours!).  The real answer is that
it is historical.  Prepared was designed to be a place where "real
race cars" (as in retired road racers) could run.  SP was designed
for the "hot rodders" who'd modified their street cars with bolt-on
type stuff.  Most people erroneously assume that there is a
single progression from stock to SP to P to Mod; however, there
are really two progressions (S to SP to Mod and S to P to Mod).

Hope that helps,

R. John Lye

rjl6n@cstone.net