fot

Fw: Protocol on the FOT List...Website activity

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Protocol on the FOT List...Website activity
From: "Paul Richardson" <Paul-Richardson@cyberware.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 12:14:13 +0100
Bill Dentinger wrote

  As a long time road racer, who ain't worth a crap at Solo or
autocrossing,
> I'll be the last to throw stones at an autocrosser.
>
> Bill Dentinger
>
> PS
>
> More than a few will suggest I ain't much good at Road Racing either.

Hey Bill

Didn't you win the 1999 Seniors Vintage Championship??

- Axle shafts may come and go, but in my humble opinion Dentinger old boy,
- you are a 'Triumph star' who has shone bright on the sport of vintage
motor racing for a quarter of a century. Few have this record, few have
helped others in the sport as much as you, and no-one has blessed the sport
with as much  'monumental' good humour as you have.

You cast a giant shadow (especially from the side) in Triumph racing
history. Selflessly, you once organized an enormous erection for Bob Wismer
- in that secluded spot in the bushes between turn 4 and 5 at Road America.
I know Bob enjoyed every minute of it, and on behalf of all of us who you
invited to lend a hand, including the ladies present, many, many thanks for
the delicate and considerate way you took hold of the thing.

In conclusion, I'm sure I can speak for all the other FOTers present at the
last raising - when I say that should you need a hand for any similar
erection Bill, especially if you require one for yourself, we would be only
too pleased to offer as many hands as you need.

The full story of the Dentinger inspired 'Wismer erection' (with a photos)
is in the Feb/March 99 issue (the last) of Triumph Over Triumph.

Best wishes

Paul