fot

Re: Fwd: (no subject)

To: WEmery7451@aol.com
Subject: Re: Fwd: (no subject)
From: "michael l. cook" <mlcooknj@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 16:06:41 -0400
Well, there's at least one more. I went to my first SCCA drivers school at
Marlboro,
driving Dick Gilmartin's GP Spitfire. I survived quite well, despite being hit
by a Datsun 1600 in the hairpin - Dick's other student! Got my license at
Bridgehampton - what a conrast! And now the Bridge is gone as well.
    Later, I raced there several times, including their enduro which included
all SCCA classes and ran for four or five hours. Try driving a TR3 on a
squirrely track like that and having to move over at regularintervals to let the
Howmet turbine car go by!
    I have photos of Trans-Am races there and a number of cars coming on to the
oval and landing hard enough to send sparks flying from exhaust and
undercarriage.

Let's see now, its Ginko Biloba for memory, Aleve for the arthritis ... the heck
with it, I'll just have some JD on the rocks.

Mike Cook