fot

Interesting

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Interesting
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 17:24:50 -0700 (MST)
Saw this note on the autocross list, thought one or two folks might get a
chuckle out of it.  Gee, a topless TR3!

mjb.
----

Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 15:53:53 -0800
From: Bill Sanford <tvrdude@netzero.net>
To: autox <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rare old car Mag.

Hey all,
 Took today off to get some palm trees planted in the front yard, but
thats another story.
 Anyhoo I had located a issue of "Todays Motor Sports" (march 1963!) on
Ebay and had to get it! The main reason it had a test drive of a TVR
and I had never seen that test/issue. Well it came today and while I was
reading thru it, whose name did I perchance upon? Why none other than
JOHN F. KELLY, Jr.! He had written an article about a race at Vacaville
before I was born! Among the High/lowlights was Stan Peterson wrecking
a Maserati and some lady driver who flipped her TR-3 and managed to
become TOPLESS!!! from the slide. She eventually fared Okay. Boy, I
guess Mr Kelly has seen some Stories!!!!
  (Boy now even more options on TVRs ! :)  )
Bill Sanford