fot

RE: Louvered Hoods

To: EISANDIEGO@aol.com
Subject: RE: Louvered Hoods
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 11:21:48 -0800
Yup, hence the replica idea. I've collected all the requisite tin, but I
think if I'm going to do all that work it shouldn't look exactly the way it
did before I started.

By the way, my car originally had modified rear hinges that let the hood pop
up a half inch when the car was moving--it helps the underhood temp a lot.
When I went to a fiberglass hood there was so much bowing above 50 mph that
I didn't have to be subtle anymore--it was scooping air all over the place.