fot

Nomination

To: <BRITPAC@aol.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Nomination
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 13:34:16 EST
I would like to propose, for membership for this most august group (not to
mention the other 11 months), Steve  and Janet Hedke <britpac@aol.com>. As most
of you probably know, these long-time VTR and TRSC members brought their TR3
"Scrappy" on the 2000 History Channel Great Race and took home a win in Rookie
Class and 5th in the Sportsman Division. This on a little 14-day TSD rallye
from Boston to Sacramento. :-) It's probably safe to say they earned more from
this event ($11,050 in prizes) than most of the rest of FoT combined in
competition in the year 2000.

And they're GOING TO RUN AGAIN THIS YEAR: Atlanta to Pasadena! Cool.

Seriously, this is exactly the kind of event that all Triumph enthusiasts and
clubs should encourage and support, hence my nomination of Steve and Janet to
this list and an accompanying request to "talk this up" amongst yourselves and
fellow Triumph club members.

I hope to involve VTR and its Chapters in some way.

Anyway, please welcome Steve and Janet.

--Andy
Andrew Mace, President, The Vintage Triumph Register

p.s. If only the Great Race would allow Heralds; alas, they are too new to
qualify. ;-)