fot

Re: Wheel studs...again

To: spitlist@gte.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wheel studs...again
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 11:39:28 EST
In a message dated 2/7/01 5:03:18 PM Pacific Standard Time, spitlist@gte.net
writes:

<< mark B's recommendation, but they won't stay in the holes of the rear
hubs.  If I hold tension on the wheelwhile I screw on the nuts, I can get
them on, but the splines are neither long enough nor large enough in diameter
to stay in the holes. >>

I have made some temporary fixes in the dim past by wrapping high temperature
electrical tape (or any fabric type tape) around the splines with locktite.
The tape is then covered with locktite, and the bolts are pull into the hub
holes using lug nuts-- probably not a good idea, but seemed to work for me.

Super Shops in the Pittsburgh area seem to have the largest selection of
wheel studs that I have ever found during my past searches.  These shops
might not be in your area.