fot

Re: Assuming is dangerous

To: drewst03@home.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Assuming is dangerous
From: Rosspemlee@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 22:52:04 EST
Tony,
My '60 TR3A didn't come with an O/D but it has one now. Like yours however,
it has a 3.7:1 (If you find more than one let me know)
I'm quite certain that all that I saw had 4.1:1 however, we may have ordered
them that way as several were raced or run in autocrosses.
My recollection was that 4.1's all had two paint splotches on the inspection
cover, one white and one green. and the 3.7's had only one paint spot if it
had one at all. We still jacked them up and marked the wheel & drive shaft
and counted turns if we had any doubts.
Some time back there was a fellow from Germany who had  3.9 & 4.1's for sale
(ring and pinion only) I believe he wanted  about $400. for them.
Regards,
Doug Ross
Rosebud Racecar