fot

Re: Kellison ?

To: Rosspemlee@aol.com, Rosspemlee@aol.com, brad.kahler@141.com,
Subject: Re: Kellison ?
From: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@cstone.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 21:47:13 -0500
Hi Doug,

At 03:14 PM 3/4/01 -0500, Rosspemlee@aol.com wrote:
>John,
>You may be correct. Now that you mention it the Bocar name and
>Denver do seem  to go together.

The Bocars were definitely built in Denver.

>However, I have a clear memory of a view from the rt. rear of
>what I think was a Kellison. It was a light color with two dark stripes
>in the center and it was definitly a coupe (GT?) The adds were B&W
>so no way to tell color. Maybe someone has a collection of R&T or
>Sports Cars Illustrated and could find it for us.

Vintage Motorsport, May/June 1993 has a nice article on the Bocar
and Bob Carnes, the builder.  Interestingly, there are several pictures
of Andy Porterfield's Kellison J-4 in that same issue.  Interesting
looking car.

Cheers,

R. John Lye

rjl@gt-classics.com