fot

Re: Kellison ?

To: <greenman62@hotmail.com>, "JFrymark" <JFrymark@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Kellison ?
From: "baxter culver" <baxterculver@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 09:54:15 -0800
The Kellison was manufactured in Sacramento, CA. in the early 60's.   Address
of the plant was on North 16th Street.   Later, in the late 60's the plant
moved to Lincoln, CA.   I saw several of the kits at both locations and was
never impressed with the quality control of the glass nor the fit of the
various panels, engineering etc.  I don't recall ever seeing a completed kit
on the road.  My comparison point was the Meyers Manx--the original "dune
buggy".  I purchased and built one of those and the quality was exceptional in
all respects.  With a corvair engine it was one hot street/autocross car.
Bit drafty in the weather tho.