fot

RE: Cam Timing Gear Question TR 4 Cyl Engine

To: <N197TR4@cs.com>, <BRITPAC@aol.com>, <rjl6n@cstone.net>
Subject: RE: Cam Timing Gear Question TR 4 Cyl Engine
From: "Brad Eells" <bradlnss@lightspeed.net>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 22:19:03 -0700
I did speak with Dave Hagenbush at TRF (Hello back to Bill B.) about the cam
timing gear. He assures me that current TRF stock is a 'timeable' gear.
Simply follow the Factory Workshop Manual instructions.

While he didn't directly say they had 'untimeable' gears in the past, he did
say that there were no issues with gears sold by TRF in the past 4-5 years.

He also said that Email is received off-site and manually processed, perhaps
mine was lost in the shuffle. I suggested that many of us don't have time to
try to get through on the constantly busy tech line and Email might be a
good way to communicate.

Here I thought I had an Ebay gold mine with my box full of used timing
gears...oh, well...

Cheers,

Brad
65 TR4A - Engine Under Construction!