fot

SU HS2 modifications

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: SU HS2 modifications
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 01:32:00 -0400 (EDT)
I am seriously considering reconfiguring my Spit to comply with SCCA D
Production autocross
specifications.  The biggest thing I will have to do is
replace the Twin DCOE's with HS2 SU's.

I have Kas' Competition Preparation manual and there is only instructions
for modifying the
butterflies and shafts.  I suppose that there are a great
number of other tricks that can be performed on these little jewels to
enhance performance.  I
recall that one of the tricks we did in the 60's was to
smooth out the air path into the carb.  But I can't remember to what extent
we did that.

So anyone running SU's please share any tips you have that will help.

Regards,
Joe (C)