fot

Re: SU HS2 modifications

To: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: SU HS2 modifications
From: "jaboruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 21:16:20 -0400
Joe, when I raced my Spitfire, I modified my HS2 carbs to the specs as
outlined in the David Vizard book on Tuning the BLS A series Engine.
They worked well, except for being way to rich at idle for it to
start, so that it would be rich enough at wide open throttle.  I
always had to shut off the fuel pump before shutting off the engine,
to drain down the float bowls.  I never tried the car without modified
carbs, so I don't know if they were any better.  When I did the same
mods to HS6 carbs, they would flow lots of air, but not enough fuel,
and were a failure on the track.  It sounds like Jack Wheeler had much
better luck with unmodified carbs.  Joe(B)