fot

Re: Mid-Ohio 2001 Inspires Triumph Racers

To: thefryes@iconn.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Mid-Ohio 2001 Inspires Triumph Racers
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 16:50:19 EDT
In a message dated 06/25/2001 2:56:18 PM Central Daylight Time,
thefryes@iconn.net writes:

> I'll bet that smile on Don Brick's face (and Dentinger's, too) is still
> pasted there... I know mine is!

Actually...Don Brick and I will be grinning for several days.  Sure because
the racing was GREAT, but mostly because on Friday night Jeff Snook steered
us to 'Rocky's Pub' on the Square in downtown Mansfield.  From the outside,
it looks like a Biker Bar, where you'd go for a drink and a fight, but you
get inside, and find a crowded (i.e., VERY popular), VERY GOOD Italian
Restaurant.

And that's the bad news.  The GOOD NEWS is all their waitresses look like
they come from one of the Dairy States.  They are UDDERLY gorgeous, in their
short, short skirts, and halter tops.  I tried to buy one of their outfits
for my wife, but Amy (our waitress) wouldn't sell hers.

Local (Bellville, Ohio...five miles from the track) TR3 Legend, John Harkness
missed this event for the first time in years.  He and wife Lin were in
Scotland.  Some of us bought up the local supply of toilet paper, and were
going to toilet paper his shop as a gesture of warm affection, but the
contingent that arrived early (Mike Jackson, Charlie Wilson and their wives)
got caught by the lady who is stopping by to feed the Harkness pets.  So we
all chickened out.

It was a good idea, thought!  I can't remember whose idea it was, but it had
unanimous support.

Bill Dentinger

PS

LOTS and LOTS of talk about MID-OHIO 2002 and the 50TH ANNIVERSARY of TRIUMPH
SPORTS.  Everyone is VERY excited.  TR Householder was at the TRA meet in
Baltimore, but sent samples of the proposed event Tee Shirt (very, very
sharp), and some other NEAT memorabilia stuff he plans to have available.

I will forward samples to Joe Alexander.