fot

Re: RE: Basic Question...Expected Hp Difference

To: BillB@bnj.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: RE: Basic Question...Expected Hp Difference
From: GRMTim@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 20:11:51 EDT
Where a chassis dyno is valuable (and I don't see how any of you tune without
one now a days) is to change things and then compare runs. We picked up 3-4
horsepower just messing with timing. And no, timing it until it pings and
then backing off is not the right answer. We picked up power by backing
timing off from 34 degrees to 28 degrees.
Adjusting the valves from 16/16 to 13/16 was worth another two hp!

Tim Suddard/GRM