fot

Re: Mallory dual point dist.

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Mallory dual point dist.
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 00:08:25 -0600 (MDT)
I've been running a Mallory dual point in Killer for some time now.  In truth
it is a single point, as I just have one set hooked up.  I'm also using a
Crane HI-6 ignition box, which is currently triggered off the points.  But
with the Crane box, the current through the points is very minimal, not nearly
as much as when using a basic points & coil system.  With the reduced current
the points do not spark away as quickly as they would, so one doesn't need
the dual point system to extend the life of the points.

And if I ever get around to doing that crank trigger for the ignition box, I
can start running a Mallory zero point distributor!

mjb.