fot

Re: Tyres, Non Tech

To: wdayton@attglobal.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tyres, Non Tech
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 08:25:53 EDT
wdayton@attglobal.net writes:

<< Another example of creative Australian "hoarding". >>

The US should learn a few things from Australia.  I was told to look into
replacing the refrigerant, R-12 in relatively new 500 ton chillers at the
Unit 2, Beaver Valley nuclear plant.  It was a big emergency to go with a new
environmentally friendly refrigerant.  My final answer was that these
chillers are in good shape.  Horde R-12 in the warehouse.  You will not lose
money.  The price will always increase.  They did the usual -- nothing.  I do
not know nor do I care what they are doing now, since I am retired.

I use to talk to two ex-WW2 veterans in my youthful days.  One had the job
after the war smashing army pocket watches with a hammer.  The other had the
job of shoving new Jeeps off a ship into the ocean.  They didn't want to
bring the Jeeps back to the US and ruin the US auto industry.

Events happen faster today.  Maybe the US can trash themselves out of
existence in 300 years, where it took Rome 1,000 year to accomplish this task.