fot

Flexplate for TR 2.5 L?

To: "Friend Of Triumph" <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: Flexplate for TR 2.5 L?
From: "David & Krystal Wingett" <elkhorn@megsinet.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 17:53:12 -0500
Amici
            I hope that our collective heads can help figure this one out.
Was there ever an automatic trans in a TR, other then the Stag?  I know that
the Vetesse has a 2.0L.   I seem to think there was a 4 dr like the Vetesse
, more like a taxi, that had a 2.5L PI. in the late 60's.   Did any of them
come with an Automatic trans?  How about some of the "Not For Imports" form
Over there?
                        Bottom line... think 4 1/2" button clutch &  8 lbs
total weight.  Just think of the rotating mass!  It can be done, I know it
can.   But like everything else, it won't be easy and it won't be cheep.  If
there is a flexplate out there I can use I need one, without making it
myself.
                    David Wingett
                        TR6   E Prod.