fot

Re: Flexplate for TR 2.5 L?

To: "David & Krystal Wingett" <elkhorn@megsinet.net>,
Subject: Re: Flexplate for TR 2.5 L?
From: Irv Korey <emanteno@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 06:45:20 -0600
At 05:53 PM 12/5/01 -0500, David & Krystal Wingett wrote:

>Amici
>             I hope that our collective heads can help figure this one out.
>Was there ever an automatic trans in a TR, other then the Stag?  I know that
>the Vetesse has a 2.0L.   I seem to think there was a 4 dr like the Vetesse
>, more like a taxi, that had a 2.5L PI. in the late 60's.   Did any of them
>come with an Automatic trans?  How about some of the "Not For Imports" form
>Over there?

Dave,

There was a saloon that was powered by a 2 liter 6 cylinder engine, the
same engine as used in the GT6. These cars are very rare in the US,
although there were 10 or 11 of them in Portland, OR last year at the VTR
Convention. The non manual equipped cars came with a 3 speed automatic. I
think these cars were built in the 60's. Even more rare in the US, since
they were never officially imported here, is the 2500 saloon. This used the
same engine as the TR6, including some versions with PI (right JonMac?). I
have only seen 2 of these, and they both have manual trannies, but I'd be
surprised if they weren't available with a slushbox.

Hope this helps some.

Irv