fot

Re: Flexplate for TR 2.5 L?

To: Bob Bownes <bownes@web9.com>,
Subject: Re: Flexplate for TR 2.5 L?
From: "ALAN N. TAYLOR" <atenglish@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 21:07:08 -0800
At 03:11 PM 12/5/01 -0800, Bob Bownes wrote:
The triumph 2500 sedan is what you speak of now that I think on it.
Don't know if it had an auto an an option though. The only one I ever
saw has TR6 running gear, complete w tranny.

iii

David & Krystal Wingett wrote:

 Amici
             I hope that our collective heads can help figure this one out.
 Was there ever an automatic trans in a TR, other then the Stag?  I know that
 the Vetesse has a 2.0L.   I seem to think there was a 4 dr like the Vetesse
 , more like a taxi, that had a 2.5L PI. in the late 60's.   Did any of them
 come with an Automatic trans?  How about some of the "Not For Imports" form
 Over there?
                         Bottom line... think 4 1/2" button clutch &  8 lbs
 total weight.  Just think of the rotating mass!  It can be done, I know it
 can.   But like everything else, it won't be easy and it won't be cheep.  If
 there is a flexplate out there I can use I need one, without making it
 myself.
                     David Wingett
                         TR6   E Prod.

Hello All,

The Triumph 2000 came about half and half to the states. I had four of the
six known 2000's in the Atlanta area in my salvage yard in the mid
80's-90's. Three were automatics and one four-speed O/D. Two of the
automatic set-ups are now in TR6's. The other is buried under a few 3's and
4's. These cars had Borg-Warner Model 35 automatic trans in them like the
Stag and TR7. They were three speeds originally,but liked to convert
themselves to two speeds over time.

As for flexplate,it is factory part # 211647. Part # 211418 could probably
be used , but I doubt either one is out there NOS , but who knows?

Alan T