fot

RE: No-spin diff

To: "'Gt6steve@aol.com'" <Gt6steve@aol.com>, FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: No-spin diff
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 10:03:59 -0800
It'll feel completely different from your quaife, but you'll grow to like
it IF you're just racing with it. There's no care and feeding other than
shimming carefully as usual, and use good oil in your diff. They lock with
a bang, the first time you feel it you'll think it's busted. Just keep on
the throttle and you'll be a happy camper. Having driven a fair amount
with both, I'd say Quaife diffs are perfect for smooth drivers and lockers
are great for those who like to stand on it. "Smooth" is not an
appellation I'm used to.

By the way, speaking of not smooth, Peyote is featured in BS Levy's column
in British Sports Car this month, along with Bob Yarwood's Ladybird, and
Seattle International Raceway. Burt gives a great description of driving
SIR, which does indeed scare the pants off a lot of folks (me included) at
the same time that it charms them. It's one of my favorite tracks, nice to
see Burt treat it so well.