fot

Rear leaf springs

To: "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear leaf springs
From: "Patrick Caswell" <tr4u@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 10:11:15 -0800
Hello, Listers
I am rebuilding the rear suspension on my TR4 live axle.One of My existing
springs broke next to the eye. I hope it was just age and not anything more. I
measured all frame dimensions and they appear to be correct. My question is
"should I replace the rear leaf springs?"  I know Revinigton and racetorations
both have replacement springs . Revington has four different spring rates.
Any opinions as to which rate might be best. They are as follows.

Revington:
Uprated road springs 156 lb./in
Rally spec. spring 160 lb./in
Works Rally springs Rate not given ( Kas any input?)
And Rear road springs with 175 LB/in with 90mm ground clearance with 1000kg.
car.
Racetorations:
listed as replica of works Rally spring.

Does anyone know if the Torque rods fitted to the works cars are being
reproduced? If not does anyone know the specs.? I have access to a machine
shop were they build off road buggy parts. If I had the specs they said they
could build them for me.

Thank you to the wonderful people of this list. With out you folks I would not
have under taken the project of building my own TR4 racer.

Cheers,
Patrick