fot

Re: wheel studs & wheel stud hole diameters

To: Brad Kahler <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Subject: Re: wheel studs & wheel stud hole diameters
From: Bob Bownes <bownes@web9.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 14:29:43 -0800
> My question is, if the hole in the wheel is larger than the wheel
> stud is this a problem when using the tapered type lug nuts?  In
> other words, does it matter if the sides of the studs don't make
> contact with wheel itself?

It is only a problem if the studs are not in the right place. In fact,
the sides of the studs *shouldn't* make contact with the wheel. (think
of it acting like a file under vibration...)

My Panasports are taper type. The ARS wheels on the Spit were shoulder
type. I'll take taper type anytime.

There are various methods for centering the wheel on the hub.
Hub-centric or lug centric. Both have their benefits.