fot

trailer for sale

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net, fot@autox.team.net,
Subject: trailer for sale
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 14:56:58 -0600
With the annual tow truck and trailer discussion going on (I'm not
complaining!!) I'm posting this info for a friend. he has an open
trailer, flat bed, used to haul a Triumph / MG size car, excellent
condition, can be had either from Colorado or delivered free to
Illinois.

See message below:

HI Jack,  Here is the trailer information.

6000 pound tandem axel trailer.  6'X 13'diamond plate Rhino coated
flat bed.
Recessed "D" rings, removable diamond plate nose cone, electric
brakes,
recessed under bed ramps, spare wheel and tire. Excellent
condition.
$1800.00  970-879-9070 (Colorado)f

By the way, I've refrained from joining the discussion on trailers and
tow rigs for too long. For the past five years, I have towed a TR4 (2000
lb) on an open trailer (1500 lb) plus three people and LOTS of gear with
a 1992 Chevy Astro Van with its little V6 . The van now has 163,000
miles on it. We tow at 70 mph and get 14 mpg. Maintenance consists of
changing the oil twice a year, trans lube once a year.

I'd tow anywhere except over the Rockies. If I were to replace my tow
vehicle, that's what I'd buy again. Sometimes simplicity has its
benefits. All the little kids along the way get to see my car and that's
fun, too.

--

uncle jack - red, white, and New Blue