fot

RE: Lucas high output generator

To: "'WEmery7451@aol.com'" <WEmery7451@aol.com>, gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com,
Subject: RE: Lucas high output generator
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 11:31:59 -0800
Oops, It's been so long since I did this I forgot one refinement. The
first bracket I made used a spacer inside the generator bracket to keep
the arms from bending when you tighten the pivot bolt since the alternator
is just pressing against the outside of the front alternator bracket arm I
welded the pivot rod into the second one to eliminate the nuts and
spacers, but found this cumbersome. The third one I tapped the alternator
end of the ong rod deeply enough so I could put a nut on the the inside of
the bracket. That's the cleanest setup.