fot

Webers

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Webers
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 12:15:06 EST
owner-fot-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> Subject: FD 1300 Spit on Webers

I ran my Herald 1200 with special eight port head, (sold on in 1995), and a
pair of Weber 40 DCOE-18's from an Alfa Romeo, that ran very nicely for seven
years, thank you.

I then obtained a third Weber 40 DCOE-18 from a Spitfire Mk.2, in need of a
rebuild.

I then obtained another pair of Weber 40 DCOE-44 & 40 DCOE-45 carbs from a
Triumph Dolomite Sprint.

I had all five of them rebuilt and serviced, fitted the paired series -44 &
series -45 to the Herald and fitted the three series -18s to my Vitesse,
which also works fine, now that I have finally got the linkage right - TWM is
the only way to go.

In retrospect, it would probably have been a lot less trouble, and possibly
about the same cost to have bought new to start with, but I doubt I would
have learned half as much about these fine instruments.

Regards

Leon

1921 French Grand Prix driver: Albert Guyot, to Ernest Ballot ,
"Therebs only one winner in any race: the man who gets home first."

<A
HREF="http://community.webshots.com/user/vitesse1963";>http://community.websho
ts.com/user/vitesse1963</A>

1963 Triumph Vitesse 2-Litre Convertible (Diva)
1988 Volkswagen 1600GT Scirroco Coupe (Driver)
Wimbledon, London, England.