fot

Re: Hurry / also Cam Failure

To: David & Krystal Wingett <elkhorn@megsinet.net>
Subject: Re: Hurry / also Cam Failure
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 05:42:02 -0600
David & Krystal Wingett wrote:

>             I'm afraid I do have my blinders on.  I am looking into Saenz
> rods and I know that there must be an alt. source for our needs. Quality
> first!!  I just haven't found one yet.  How about our over seas friends.
> What are they using?  Is any one of our group using Saenz rods?
>         Gawd I hate (am jealous of) Hondas
>             DW
>
> Subject: Re: Hurry / also Cam Failure
>
> > I won't argue the quality of Carillo Rods, but I don't think that they
> have a patent on quality either.  I am only saying that there are other rod
> > manufacturers out there who can supply an equally strong rod.  And with
> the prohibitive cost even before the price increase, it is starting to make
> > those other brands even more attractive.
> >
> > But The Stock Honda Rods I am currently using will rev 9 grand all day
> long!  :)
> >
> > Joe

Has anyone tried Pauter rods? I have not had them quote recently, but they look
good and their story is good. Last winter I asked for a price and it was
slightly less than Carillo. The person I had talked to thought they had made
Triumph rods but was not sure. Website is

http://www.pauter.com/

--

uncle jack - red, white, and New Blue