fot

Unique Early TR4 Suspension Modification - Opinions??

To: "Friends Of Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Unique Early TR4 Suspension Modification - Opinions??
From: "Brad Eells" <bradlnss@lightspeed.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 19:37:42 -0800
Amici,

We've had many discussions about camber adjustment on the TR suspension;
cutting upper A-arms, bending vertical links, etc...

I was recently examining the suspension on my early TR4 with the old style
(TR3) upper a-arms. I noted a modification that I cannot remember being
discussed:

The upper, inner mounting for the a-arms has been rotated 90 degrees towards
the center of the car and mounted on an L shaped plate that is mounted to
the shock tower. The L shaped plate has a reinforcement strap welded between
the two legs of the L.

Here is an image link to take a look:

http://images.trakauctions.com/1185/Triumph%20TR4%20Modified%20Suspension.JP

The only reason I can imagine the PO doing this was to modify the camber
without changing to the later suspension. I don't know when this mod was
done or by which of the 3 previous owner/drivers. No suspension failures are
recorded in the log book.

I would love to hear some opinions!!!

Cheers,

Brad