fot

Re: Unique Early TR4 Suspension Modification - Opinions??

To: "Friends Of Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Unique Early TR4 Suspension Modification - Opinions??
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 08:33:29 -0600
Brad, this looks similar to the "Irv Korey mod".  On Irv's TR-4 (later
suspension) they have done something almost identical to your
picture.  They don't have the upper reinforcement, and they cut the
"bottom" two ears off of the upper fulcrum.  This modification makes the
camber adjustable by means of shims between the fulcrum and the
plate.  Irv's car ran that way for quite some time in SCCA with wide slicks
on the front, so it seems to be adequately strong even with only two bolts
holding the fulcrum to the plate.

- Tony Drews