fot

Re: TR4 water outlet

To: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR4 water outlet
From: "Kas Kastner" <kaskas@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 12:59:58 -0800
I've had this problem (surprise surprise).  What I did is install a petcock
into the top of the thermo housing as you suggested, then pull the pipe plug
at the back of the head, ,where the heater tube originally fitted, screw a
hose fitting lightly into, t he head, slip a piece of heater hose about a
foot long over the fitting, slip a funnel into the hose, open the petcock,
pour water into the engine trough the funnel arrangment, when the fluid
comes out of the petcock, close that then when it overflows at the back or
stops filling, quickly unscrew the fitting and repelace the plug.  Worked
like a charm for YEARS. I would also jack up the chassis from the back to
give the high point even a little more draft. Actually you can do this just
as easy by just holding the hose against the cylinder head without a
fitting, then replace the plug whe it stops filllling.  A LOT less
complicated than it sounds.