fot

Fitting race rubber

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Fitting race rubber
From: Robertten1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 22:03:19 EST
Amici Spitfire listers-

I'm looking to fit race rubber to my LeMans replica, used for autocrossing.
The question is size?  I do not wish to flare the fenders or beat the inner
panels for clearance.  And the rims I am using are 13 x 5.5" Panasports.
Suggestions, recommendations and advice appreciated.

The advise I've been given so far is 20.0 x 8 x 13 cantilever tires, but no
idea of clearance problems.  Currently I have, ancient, 185/60 x 13 Yoko
A008rs2 on the car and there have been no clearance problems.

Thanks for your help,
Bob T.
'64 Spitfire GT  LeMans replica/autocrosser