fot

Overdrive Setup for Racing

To: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Overdrive Setup for Racing
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 17:56:07 -0500
A couple months ago, I knew nothing about overdrives, but now I'm in the
final stages of rebuilding an overdrive for my TR3 race car.  It has the
early style large accumulator, which is supposed to give more positive
shifting and is more desirable.  My question is, what pressure to run it
at? Higher pressure will give more positive shifting, but will be harder
on the drivetrain.  I want it to shift well, but don't want to risk a
broken axle.  I've currently got it set up to run at about 390 psi, i.e.
slightly higher than standard specs.

BTW, everyone should visit the Buckeye Triumphs website
(www.buckeyetriumphs.org) for some great information on transmissions
and overdrives.  Nelson Reidel should be knighted for a great
contribution to the Triumph community.
Larry Young,
Forever Young Racing