fot

Re: Mid-O... YAAAAHOOOO!

To: greenman62@hotmail.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Mid-O... YAAAAHOOOO!
From: Rosspemlee@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 17:38:40 EDT
YAAAAHOOOOO!!!! Indeed
Have finally settled down from the various traumas of being gone for two
weeks and want to thank all the folks, new friends and old that made Mid Ohio
such a memorable occasion.
First there's Geo. Wright who found me a room at the last moment-So sorry
about the car! Then there is Joe Alexander who welcomed us and made us feel
completely at home. Next Susan Hensley, Brad Kahler and Tom Strange were kind
enough to let me park Rosebud, my TR3, in a space in their tent.
When going out for the Panoramic photo, Joe and Mike Cook introduced me to
Kas Kastner and he and I rode out to the photo shoot together in Rosebud. Had
a real nice chat and found we had some experiences in common, based on racing
in the early days. For those of you who have not met Kas he is a real down to
earth  gentleman and I wish we could have spent more time together.
The FOT dinner was outstanding and allowed me to meet lots of other folks who
were only names on the Internet previously. Some other folks who I did know
and enjoyed seeing again were, John Lye, Fred Thomas, J. R. Herrara, Henry
Frye, Dean Tetterton, Vern Brannon and crew and, lots of others who names
don't come through the Alsheimers tonight.
In any case, I had a memorable time and I hope everyone else did.
Thanks to all!
Doug Ross
Rosebud Racecar