fot

Re: Triumph water pumps

To: BillB@bnj.com
Subject: Re: Triumph water pumps
From: Gt6steve@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 12:44:31 EDT
Thanx Bill, I was stewing on the DP and thinking that the restrictor at the
thermostat housing was essentially an orifice.  It may be too large but I
should tap in some gauges and see if there's a Delta.  I keep looking at
modern centrifugal pumps hoping to find a nice impeller we can use but
nothing yet.
Thanks, Steve

<<
 If you really want to measure what the pump is doing you need a
 differential pressure across it--from suction to discharge. Then it won't
 matter much that the temperature is varying the pressure in the system.

 These are pretty simple centrifugal pumps with a huge amount of gap
 between the housing and impeller. I'm not surprised that they don't do
 much at idle. They have to be designed to work in a range from 750 RPM to
 over 5000 without eating up all the horsepower.