fot

Re: Tyre Pressure/Temperature - Tire Volumes Change

To: mporter@zianet.com, BillDentin@aol.com
Subject: Re: Tyre Pressure/Temperature - Tire Volumes Change
From: EISANDIEGO@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 10:10:38 EDT
FOTers

       The volume within a tire is not constant. Otherwise one would not have
centerline wear in an over-inflated tire.

       I can attest that Nitrogen does result in less changes in tire
pressure during racing. If the tire pressure change is lower as others and I
have observed, it reflects less heat transfer from the tire body to the
Nitrogen inside. I graduated from ChemE so long ago and used it so little
that I can not explain the exact science.

       A gloried plumber (ChemE) turned garbage man (Environmental Eng.).

Cary

       .