fot

Re: Leguna Seca/FoT Senior Citizens Tour in September

To: N197TR4@cs.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Leguna Seca/FoT Senior Citizens Tour in September
From: EISANDIEGO@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 11:30:38 EDT
Joe

       As you are probably aware, HMSA is the same group that puts on the
annual races that coincide with Pebble Beach. They attract an excellent
assorment of well prepared racecars. I love going to their events just to see
the cars, so it would be a good trip for you.

       But do not expect to see us Triumph racers there, HSMA is not very
receptive to Triumphs. Although they have welcomed the Peyote. There is
usually one Spitfire (owned by the people who manage the October HSMA vintage
race in San Diego). There are also Devins, not sure than any were Triumph
powered.

       How unfriendly to Triumphs? I know from reliable sources that they
turn down a 1972 Group 44 Spitfire formerly raced by John Kelly from
particpation in any of their races. And if you look on their website, there
is no listing of Triumph sportscars in any of the car classifications.

       Hey, Earle's done a great job targeting an elite group of race car
owners. And he probably protecting his best interests by not letting his car
owners be embarassed by being passed by a Triumph.

Cary