fot

Re: Leguna Seca/FoT Senior Citizens Tour in September

To: kaskas@earthlink.net, spitlist@gte.net, EISANDIEGO@aol.com
Subject: Re: Leguna Seca/FoT Senior Citizens Tour in September
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 17:21:01 EDT
In a message dated 08/22/2002 3:06:13 PM Central Daylight Time,
kaskas@earthlink.net writes:

> Subj:Re: Leguna Seca/FoT Senior Citizens Tour in September
> Date:08/22/2002 3:06:13 PM Central Daylight Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:kaskas@earthlink.net";>kaskas@earthlink.net</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:spitlist@gte.net";>spitlist@gte.net</A>, <A
>HREF="mailto:EISANDIEGO@aol.com";>EISANDIEGO@aol.com</A>
> CC:<A HREF="mailto:greenman62@hotmail.com";>greenman62@hotmail.com</A>, <A
>HREF="mailto:N197TR4@cs.com";>N197TR4@cs.com</A>, <A
>HREF="mailto:fot@autox.team.net";>fot@autox.team.net</A>
> Sent from the Internet
>

> Joe, I think you've hit the right chord.

Amici:

This is exactly right, and while I too would get a rush seeing one of our
TRIUMPHs scoring well against one of those UPSTAIRS marques (especially those
whose names end with a vowel), clearly highly prepared/tricked TRIUMPHs, MGs,
SPRITEs, etc have had a big impact on 'who shows up and with what at vintage
events'.  Clearly the very special cars now choose to skip most events.  They
stay home.  I am actually glad a few events like Monterey and the VSCCA
events choose to remain exclusive.  At least they continue to attract those
very special cars.  While I am happy with current main stream vintage racing,
I'd be lying if I didn't say I miss seeing those special cars.

Bill Dentinger