fot

Connecting Rods

To: "Friends of Triumph" <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: Connecting Rods
From: "jaboruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 23:59:11 -0400
    I just ordered my new rods, I decided to go with Pauter.  They are
$720 for the set, and I should have them in about 5 weeks.  Carrillo
has rods on the shelf, but the racer price in $1276 and the jobber
price is $1076.  Both the Carrillos and the Pauters are made from the
same materials at the same forging company.    Pauter had not made
TR3/4 rods before, so mine will be the first set.  They did have some
TR6 and Spitfire rods on the shelf, and I believe that they will now
keep some TR3/4 ones there.

I could have gone with some less expensive rods, but the customer
service at Pauter was excellent.  You talk to Pauters when you call
in.  Crower said that they could make the rods for $710 per set in 8
weeks.  Top Performance that make Saenz rods would do a set for $620
also in 8 weeks.  I will let you know how they look and fit when I get
them in.  Joe(B)