fot

Nominations

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Nominations
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 15:29:03 -0400
I would like to nominate two Triumph guys that have crewed for me over the
past couple of years to join our little club. Both members of Western
Pennsylvania Triumphs, they are at the SVRA events at Mid-Ohio and Watkins
Glen every year. Both very experienced Triumph wrenches, both have a garage
full of very nice street Triumphs they restored themselves.

Jim Shaw was nice enough to punch out the dents from my little episode with
the tire wall at Mid-Ohio this year. While I was out with Mark Bradakis
locating a steering rack Jim used a 2x4 and a hammer to straighten out both
front and rear fenders and the door while my wife cleaned up the tire
scrub. They did such a nice job when Bob Williams from Tech came to
reinspect my car he walked around my car twice looking for the damage. He
was amazed, as am I. Jim restored that beautiful geranium TR2 many of you
saw parked with the Brits at Mid-Ohio. Yes, it takes a brave man to paint
his long door TR2 it's original color, when that color is pink! His garage
has the TR2, a very nice black TR3A, an early 4 and a 6. All restored by
him, all concours winners. We worked together this weekend to get my carb
problems sorted, and proved quite valuable.

My other nominee is Ed Major. Ed grew up drag racing with his brother. Ed
has restored a very nice TR3A and recently completed the restoration of his
gorgeous TR250 that many of you saw parked next to Jim's TR2 at Mid-Ohio.
Ed did some nice work to the motor in the 250, I'll bet that car would be
fun on track. Ed has been quite helpful as well, always happy to help out.
Ed got down and dirty replacing the bent steering rack for me at Mid-Ohio.

Thanks for you help this past weekend, guys...

I would appreciate if someone would offer up a second, and if Mark can do
his thing...

jimboshaw@compuserve.com
ejmajor@stargate.net

While I am at it, I want to say something else...

When I bought my car I didn't realize I also was lucky enough to inherit
Bruce Stutzman, the guy who built my car for Rich Hone. Bruce still feels
some kind of ownership with the car, and is always around to help as
needed. Bruce is already amongst the FOT brotherhood, but I wanted to say
thanks.

And give an overdue thanks to the Western Pennsylvania Triumphs for the
Hospitality Tent at Mid-Ohio, and the good grub and drink as well!