fot

Re: Race Report, sort of...

To: fot@autox.team.net ('fot@autox.team.net')
Subject: Re: Race Report, sort of...
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 17:55:54 EDT
In a message dated 09/23/2002 3:46:49 PM Central Daylight Time, BillDentin
writes:

> Others can add the important details I missed.  I know Dr. Ceiley and at
> least one other GT6 raced, along with a gaggle of Spitfires, but they are
> in another group, so perhaps someone else can report.

Someone sent me a copy of the RACE GROUP EIGHT results from last week end's
ELKHART LAKE VINTAGE FESTIVAL at ROAD AMERICA.  Seems like the really fast
TRIUMPHs ran there.  I don't know if it was their fastest laps of the week
end, but John Reed (GT6) had a 2.49.505 and Wayne Obry (Spitfire) had a
2:49.615 in the Sunday afternoon feature race.  Wayne actually ended up in
front of John in the race.

Jim (aka Phil) Hill (TR6) had a 3:06.859 in the race.  I beat Jim Hill in one
of the Mid-Ohio races, but I sure would not have beat him Sunday.  Not too
shabby.

Bill Dentinger